Wednesday, July 1, 2009

PhotoStory

I created this video from the pictures already on my computer. They were mostly of my animals and are all the things that make me happy.

To make this assignment classroom worthy you would have to designate topics within the subject matter. Used correctly this is a very powerful tool and was suprisingly easy to do using a free program available on the internet that I didn't even know about. Being knowledgeable about this program definitely demonstrates 3a of the ISTE-NETS Standards (fluency of technological systems and the transfer of knowledge). In addition, this assignment could probably be used to demonstrate standard four better than another assignment yet. This style of video with powerful pictures, snappy captions, and touching music can be very powerful in conveying a message (obviously mine's not quite that serious, but these things are all dear to my heart and important to me). All these standards seem very tied together and I keep referring to the same ones, but I also think this assignment obviously meets every aspect of Standard 1 by fostering creativity. Students could really develop their own sense of style with this one. I can see where this would be especially helpful in a speech class for a persuasive speech, but I'm sure it could have applications in almost every classroom. Again, another assignment I'm glad I was exposed too and one I plan to encorporate into my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment