Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Power Point #1

Laboratory Equipment Power Point

As I'm sure everyone knows there are endless possibilities on how to encorporate powerpoint into the classroom and there is so much you can do with this program. Students can use it to give presentations and teachers can use it to accompany lectures. One of the reasons why I think this program is so popular in the classroom is becuase it appeals to various learning styles. Visual learners usually have some sort of graphic. For auditory learners the teacher is saying what is being projected on the overhead, and for those of us who have to read and re-read and maybe even re-write or take notes, the handouts that can be printed are incredibly helpful.

This program is so important it is used in classes from middle school to college by students and teachers. It enables both to be creative while still getting the message across and adding their own personal touch and showing that they know there way around a computer. I even believe that a presentation like this (when done in a classroom) can show you how much the teacher or student cares by how much time and effort they put into the presentation. As a student I can't begin to describe how much I relied on these powerpoint handouts as study guides, they helped me more than I can expalin, I think they are an extremely valuable tool and plan to use them in my classroom whenever it suits the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment