Friday, July 17, 2009

Windows Movie Maker

Cloning Movie

Wow, I feel like it's been a while. This assignment was to find or make a powerpoint presentation that taught something and turn it into a movie. One of the samples was an informational piece about Natural Resources, so I decided to go ahead and use my cloning power point. The only downside I found to this project is where I don't see how the finished project is that much different than the original powerpoint. I know there are different transitions and effects, but they are really not that different. In fact, the biggest difference is the file type. I went from a power point, to saving each slide as a .jpeg and then inserting them into the windows movie maker and adding a different effect and transition for each one. I don't have any acceptable music on my computer to add to I left that out. But I did change the length of time it spent on each slide to accomodate those with more words that it takes longer to read. Again, there are obvious creative ways this can be used in the classroom, the best being that when you couple these images with music it is very powerful (I definetly would have liked to know about this program when I was in speech class- it would have been useful for my persuasive speech). This assignment meets the same learning objectives as the other film we made did for the photostory (I'm abbreviating my explanation because I feel like a broken record). However, the ISTE-NETS T standards are very closely linked to any program involving technology and this assignment was very much like the Photostory one. I didn't really encounter any problems but I wish there was music available in programs like this to use with presentations because I just don't have anything that fits. I also had to upload the video to youtube, which didn't accept the first file type I tried, so I'm going to try it again . . .
Take that back, youtube doesn't accept the Windows Movie Maker file type either, so I published it to my computer (which just save it as a .wmv file) which is uploading as I type. Done . . . just follow the link at the top of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment